A-level results

13:37

I don't usually bother with real diary-esque personal accounts of my life on this blog, but I suppose this one is significant enough to at least give a small honourable mention to. They are, as the title would suggest, my A-level results; those final exams that determine pretty much where the future of your life lies.

The build-up for most people to results day is something close to torture. These grades, after all, are the tipping point on whether you can proceed down the path of your career, or whether you get slapped in the face and get told to do something else. I never applied for uni, because it just didn't appeal to me. I know if I did go, I would've chosen journalism, but that's that. Way, way too late at this point.

As a result, I really didn't have too much pressure and anxiety billowing down on me. I was nervously intrigued, but that's about it, thankfully. Sometimes you have a decent idea how well you did, but this time I genuinely had no clue. I could be straight Bs, or I could be Us and Es. If I could get a load of Cs, then I'd be satisfied.

Turns out the result was pretty much that; 2 Bs and 2 Cs. I'm satisfied with that, without a doubt. Now I know I'm not totally inept at A-levels, I have a slight feeling of regret not going to uni. Not only would it help me get my dream career, it would also be a big part of a young person's life I'd just be skipping. But let's not worry about that now.

I'm happy with the grades I've got, and I hope if you're in the same boat as me, that you're happy with yours as well. Have fun adulting in the future!

0 comments