Go Home UK Weather, You Are Drunk

00:46

I'd like to start with something that is completely unrelated to the title of this post. And that something is that I've only just started watching the Cornetto trilogy of films (aka Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz & The World's End). Quite frankly, I am ashamed of myself for leaving it this late since they are bloody good films. Certainly felt like I wasted the first seventeen years of my life, that's for sure.

Anyway, shall we actually move on to something that's relevant to the title? I have a secret interest in meteorology that I tend to keep quiet about to all but the closest of my friends. Being interested in the weather just seems to be the ultimate combination of old man and geek - something that isn't a great tag for a 17-year-old. But hey, I'm still gonna talk  about it. Tough balls if you don't like the weather.

On Halloween, we had a remarkably warm day here in the UK. And I mean proper, shorts and sunbathing kind of warm. It hit 24°c in London - that's 75F - which is pretty much double of what it should be. I ain't complaining, but it's actually completely the opposite of what I want.

You see, I'm a traditional type of guy. When I picture Christmas, I imagine the stereotypical jumpers huddled around the fire, keeping warm from that white snow that's falling outside. Of course, that doesn't really happen - I'm enough of a realist to accept that (but damn I wish it did). But the key word there is snow.

To me, winter isn't winter without at least one day the town being completely covered in its own duvet of snow. And unfortunately last year that didn't happen. Instead, we just got battered by dozens of storms that came one after the other, and if the media is to be believed, the whole UK just couldn't even and was literally dying right now.

If you want to believe the media, then apparently this winter will be a big freeze with tonnes of snow and many children going "yay". But, then again, they said that last year, and then it turned out to be one of the mildest bloody winters on record. Pah.

Surely I'm not the only one that wants a 'proper' winter? Sure, snow disrupts businesses, causes deaths and isolates villages, but SLEDGING DOWN HILLS.

Subscribers now sit at 44 as I write this, so my snail-pace momentum of gaining subscribers... is still a snail.

Here's my latest video, but a new one should be up shortly after this post goes up. Look out for it here.


0 comments