Restrictions And The Urge For Change

23:33

Restrict. It's such a harsh sounding word. Something you could imagine an upper class snob saying very expressively. Perhaps that's just me.

But restrict is the word I have to use a lot when it comes to video making, especially recently. You see, I have a lovely little book that contains many video ideas of mine. Some of them are very well developed and are just waiting to be recorded, but I simply can't. Because of - you guessed it- re-bloody-strictions.

Perhaps the most obvious one would be school. Typically, I'm at school from about 8am until 4.30pm, when you include the time it takes to get there and come back. There isn't usually time to do a video after school, because homework is often flirting with me.

Secondly, a lot of my video ideas include the use of cut scenes. Cut scenes make a video a lot funnier; you have me explaining something stupid and then a stupid re-enactment by me of what I was explaining. It makes the humour much more visual and much funnier. But I need an empty house for a cut scene, and that's something I very rarely get.

So many of my videos have just been in my room, which is very 'meh', I know. I've done my best to spice them up with my stupid bloopers left in and so on, but I'm desperate to get a few cut scene videos in soon.

In every post, I've decided to mark down my subscriber count. I think it'll be interesting to see how it evolves when you look back on older posts. So as I type now, I currently have 25.

Right, time for the second half of the title. Mmm, constructivism. If you have ever watched one of my videos, or seen my channel, you'll know that my current colour theme is white. Mega yawn. It looks too dull. I want to have an actual colour as my theme, and maybe change my font too. I'm thinking about red, but I'm not sure. My friend Connor has a channel that's primarily blue, so a classic 'red vs blue' friendly channel competition would be pretty cool. But let's see.

UPDATE: My plan has been applied, and now I'm gory red! Hurrah, rejoice!

Anyway, take a gander at my latest video if you haven't already, and take a peek at my YouTube channel if you haven't already. I shall post here soon. BYE!


0 comments